Sunday, March 09, 2014

Rewind to 1984


#teenvogue // wearing a vintage pink blazer and leather skirt, H&M polka-doted blouse and brogues, local boutique tote leather bag, 

The minute I saw this vintage bubble gum blazer, I had no choice but to pick it up. I immediately pictured wearing it with my black leather brogues as I thought it would give that 1980's retro vibe. It is such a statment piece, that wearing black or minimal color is essential. 
As a general fact, I love playing around with oversized pieces. I usually like to keep my outfits somewhat feminine so styling oversized clothes is sort of like challenge to me. Anyway, speaking of 1980s, I completely fell in love with this background as I thought it reminded me a little of Keith Haring's work. The rounded shapes and minimal paint definitely gave the illusion of his technique. Don't you think ? Anywho, I hope you all had a great weekend ! 
Thanks again for reading my blog and leaving me all these lovely comments, xx 

8 comments:

RetroStreetStation said...

you have a fab style xx
so inspiring!

RetroStreetStation said...

you have a fab style xx
so inspiring!

Beeba Ademowo said...

So fresh , love this outfit and your hair.


www.beebaswardrobe.blogspot.com

Beeba Ademowo said...

So fresh , love this outfit and your hair.


www.beebaswardrobe.blogspot.com

Lauren S said...

this pink looks great on you, really brightens up the outfit and day :)
Lauren x
Britton Loves | Fashion Lifestyle + Photography - www.brittonloves.blogspot.co.uk
Vote for my blog here !

Sara Jô said...

Love your coat and skirt! I have the sames shoes :p
xx

Danielle said...

awesome look, love your coat!

xx fameliquorlove

Ayesha Ahmad said...

Love this style! A cardigan can brighten up an outfit!

Ayesha
Defining Me
Bloglovin|Google+|facebook|pinterest|Twitter

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig