Thursday, March 06, 2014

Green Smoothie Recipe


As Spring is slowly approaching, I figured a fresh green smoothie recipe would be the perfect way to start the season. It's full of vitamin C and really healthy (you know I'm all about that, right). I was the most surprised to know that spinach leaves are actually really good and add a lot of texture to the mix. To be completely honest, I don't have enough time to make smoothies every morning (who does though? Even Sweet Brown agrees - click here). Well, maybe I could.  No actually I couldn't because my sleep is sacred and waking up earlier is not really an option for me. Nonetheless,  I definitely make sure to eat fruits throughout the day. Either at lunchtime or when I come back home at 5pm.

I love taking the time to prepare my smoothies. Mainly because of my poor ability to cut food. Hence why I like them so much. Nothing has to be neat and look pretty. It all ends up squashed into juice anyway. Hurray

This recipe is for about 2 servings. Just add a few ice cubes to the mix and you're good to go.

Ingredients :

5 strawberries 
3 kiwis
1 banana
1 bowl of fresh spinach leaves
1 cup of multi fruit juice
optional: lemon juice (the kiwis are sour enough though)

*It's really good when served with a greek yogurt, granola and dried cranberries on the side.

The greener the better

6 comments:

Sara Jô said...

Good looking! I have to try this :)
xx

Christina said...

This looks really good and healthy! Perfect for summer :)

Christina
http://kissesandflowers.blogspot.com/

mywhiteT said...

That looks amazing, love kiwi. mywhiteT.com

Diane Fnk said...

This looks so good and healthy :)

www.DianeFnk.com

AVY said...

That looks insanely healthy.

/Avy

http://mymotherfuckedmickjagger.blogspot.com

Joana said...

Amazing green smoothie!

Love,
http://bolotta.blogspot.pt/

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig